You may as part of your examination also be offered retinal photography. This has many benefits over other methods of ocular examination:
- A wider view of the retina than any other traditional methods
- A wider view means potentially a better diagnosis, and improved detection of any changes to the retina: for example glaucoma, diabetes, hypertension and ARMD.
- A computerised colour image of the retina, permanently stored digitally.
- Improves awareness of ocular conditions.
- Improved monitoring of certain diseases: for example diabetes.