National Eye Week maybe over but we are still sharing some recipe to promote healthy eyes. Today we are going for something savoury with some fish tacos.
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 5 minutes
- 600g skinless and boneless white fish fillets, cut into large chunks
- Good pinch chilli powder
- 1tsp ground allspice
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- Zest and juice 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- Cooking oil spray
- 200g red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded or grated
- 1 little gem lettuce, shredded
- 325g can sweetcorn in water, drained
- 1 medium red apple, finely sliced
- Handful fresh mint or coriander leaves
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 mini wholegrain or 50/50 tortilla wraps
- 1 avocado, flesh sliced
- 150g low-fat natural yogurt
- Pat the fish dry with kitchen paper. Combine the spices and lime zest in a medium freezer bag with a grind of black pepper. Add the fish to the bag, then seal and gently shake to coat it in the spice mixture.
- Spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil. Cook the spiced fish for 2–3 min on each side until golden and the flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine the cabbage, carrot, lettuce, sweetcorn, apple and mint or coriander leaves in a mixing bowl. Add the lime juice and olive oil, then toss to mix. Warm the wraps according to the pack instructions, then divide among 4 plates.
- Top one half of each wrap with the salad, fish, avocado and a dollop of yogurt. Fold up and serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.