It is National Eye Health Week from Monday 18 - Sunday 24 of September. Eating a healthy diet is key to looking after your eyes. Blueberries are filled with eye-friendly nutrients so why not make a bath of these classic blueberry muffins to have as a fruity afternoon treat.
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 20 minutes
- 180g self-raising flour
- 190g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 90g caster sugar
- 185ml skimmed milk
- 125g low-fat natural yogurt
- 3tbsp low-fat spread, melted
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125g blueberries
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours and sugar, then make a well in the middle of the mixture.
- In a separate mixing bowl or jug, whisk together the milk, yogurt, melted spread, lemon juice and egg.
- Pour the wet mixture into the well of the flour mixture, then add the blueberries and gently stir until everything is just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases, then bake for 20 min or until a skewer pushed into the middle of the muffins comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, then dust with a little icing sugar.